Chief Operating Officer
The Asset Management Product Manager role will act as the main interface between the market and our Asset Management product development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for engaging with current and prospective consumers to understand current and latent solution needs and translate these into product requirements for our extended Asset Management solution (including LEO software, Portal, and Bluetooth solutions). The Product Manager is also responsible for establishing and managing the product roadmap around clearly defined product releases.
We are looking for a technical, creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture. The job requires travel to our global customers and to our development teams in the UK.
· Act as the “voice of the customer” for Asset Management current and latent needs
· Gather customer needs from direct customer discussions as well as interfaces with the global Electro Rent sales and Asset Management organization
· Translate customer requirements into technical requirements for the product development teams
· Develop a short term and long-term strategic roadmap for our products (LEO, Portal, Assist) with specific and logical product releases
· Develop and maintain a business proposal that makes a compelling case for continued investment into the products.
· Collaborate with other stakeholders such as marketing and sales on the best positioning of our Asset Management products, features, and benefits
· Manage product development roadmap schedule and cost
· Manage process for reviewing, prioritizing, and accepting/rejecting product change requests
· Manage the entire product line life cycle from sunsetting legacy products to prototyping and testing new features/products and ideas.
· Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review and manage external partner relationships for the product.
· Establish, adjust, and manage product pricing (e.g. licensing fees)
· Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement.
· Keep a finger on the pulse of our competition and develop strategies and tactics for competitive positioning and differentiation
Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With 1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing. EOE