Strategic Regional Sales Manager
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Strategic Account Manager, a self-driven sales professional to join our strategic accounts team. As a Strategic Account Manager, you drive growth in rental, used sales and new sales business by working directly with a select set of customers in an assigned territory to understand and fulfill their test and measurement equipment needs and requirements.
• Develop high level relationships with key executives and decision makers to consultatively sell differentiated high value solutions across business lines
• Prepare and execute on sales plans for each account to meet goals
• Efficiently manage schedules to optimize face-to-face selling time and activity
• Prepare presentations and proposals
• Manage sales opportunity pipeline and business funnel and work with team to maximize closure of opportunities.
• Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff and inside sales.
• Coordinate with inside sales and company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
• Utilize Salesforce.com as the sales management tool for documenting sales activity and the opportunities funnel
• Completes weekly updates, itineraries, expense reports, and forms according to Company policies and guidelines.
• Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and industry affiliations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or other field with related relevant work experience.
• Knowledge and skills typically gained through five (5) years sales experience in a technical product and/or services business.
• Experience in test & measurement equipment or services highly preferred
• Experience selling services to engineering customers are another preferred background.
• Aerospace/Defense, Satcom, semiconductor, RF and Microwave and related industry experience is very important in this role.
• Knowledge of equipment leasing and services desired.
• Ability to build relationships and network with OEM partner’s sales organizations to drive mutual growth.
• Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal management contact and successfully multi-task managing concurrent selling situations.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintained a clean driving record.
• Must be computer literate with the ability to access, input and retrieve data from the Company database.
Work requires significant local and regional travel and may require overnight travel
Ability to perform the required physical elements of the job (listed below).
May be required to set up and maintain a home office.
Measurement of Performance
• Achievement of financial quotas for measured business line performance.
• Timeliness of follow-up and quality of contact with customer.
• Development of customer relationships beneficial to the Company.
• General performance as defined by standard company performance evaluation and requirements.
All positions will require, to some degree, the physical abilities described below in order to perform the essential functions of the job:
• Work the expected hours, consistently arrive at work at the agreed time and follow Company rules and guidelines regarding breaks and meal periods. Full time is typically considered to be 40 hours per week.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Move around and through all work areas as needed; may include climbing stairs or ladders.
• Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (i.e. books, reports, binders, etc.).
• Regularly sit at the assigned workstation.
• Use keyboard or equivalent equipment to access the computer.
• Use hands to manipulate documents and general paperwork in order to view contents.
• Read documents, reports, files, etc.
• Communicate effectively using the telephone
Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With 1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing. EOE