T&M Equipment Service Manager
The Electronic Technician I is an entry level technical position for the purpose of freeing up advance technicians from lessor tasks. This individual will need to be detailed and accurate in all activities. They will be expected to process new purchases and vendor returns requiring only clerical input. As they progress they will be instructed on simple power on test and option verification. Secondly, they will be expected to perform scripted test and calibration routines as directed by lab manager.
• Process new purchases
• Process vendor returns
• Execute low level testing of electronic equipment
• Perform automated calibrations as assigned
• Perform final inspection on cosmetic and accessories completeness
• Performs other tasks as assigned
• High School education associates or electronic technical school preferred
• Excellent data entry skills, familiar with word and excel
• Good verbal and written communication
• Ability to complete a provided electronic training course within a year
• Ability to perform the required physical elements of the job (listed below)
Measurement of Performance
• Productivity and efficient utilization of time.
• General performance as defined by standard company performance evaluation form
• Quality of assigned tasks and work performed
• All positions will require, to some degree, the physical abilities described below to perform the essential functions of the job
• Work the expected hours, consistently arrive at work at the agreed time and follow Company rules and guidelines regarding breaks and meal periods. Full time is typically considered to be 40 hours per week
• Communicate effectively, both oral and written.
• Move around and through all work areas as needed, may include climbing stairs or ladders
• Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (i.e. books, reports, binders etc.)
• Regularly sit at the assigned workstation
• Use keyboard or equivalent equipment, to access the computer,
• Use hands to manipulate documents and general paperwork to view contents
• Read documents, reports, files etc.
• Communicate effectively using the telephone
In addition to the above physical requirements warehouse and field support positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds of equipment or boxes above the head, alone; or with help, lift 150 pounds.
Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With 1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing. EOE