The Lab Asset Preparer will ensure the timely preparation of a wide range of electronic test and measurement equipment encompassing accuracy, attention to detail and speed.
• Match all needed accessories to assets
• Order accessories as needed
• Clean and prepare assets for transfer to labs
• Final asset pre-ship preparation
• Check for and report obvious damages
• Check batteries as needed
• Completeness-check for missing feet, panels, etc. Obtain as needed
• Ability to identify assets and associated assets
• Attention to detail
• Computer literacy
• Team attitude
• Organized and methodical
• Previous experience in working in a technical environment
• Ability to work in Excel
• Ability to self-direct
• Typing proficiency
This job operates in a professional office and shop floor environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Some of the work will require exposure to loud noises or fumes in the distribution facility.
• All positions will require, to some degree, the physical abilities described below to perform the essential functions of the job
• Work the expected hours, consistently arrive at work at the agreed time and follow Company rules and guidelines regarding breaks and meal periods. Full time is typically considered to be 40 hours per week
• Communicate effectively, both oral and written.
• Move around and through all work areas as needed, may include climbing stairs or ladders
• Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (i.e. books, reports, binders etc.)
• Regularly sit at the assigned workstation
• Use keyboard or equivalent equipment, to access the computer,
• Use hands to manipulate documents and general paperwork to view contents
• Read documents, reports, files etc.
• Communicate effectively using the telephone
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma required. Associate Degree preferred.
Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With 1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing. EOE