The Junior Product Specialist will work as a part of the Product team to analyze product needs, procure product and support the sales and operations teams.
This person will need to understand Technology Product key manufacturers such as Dell, Hewlett Packard, Lenovo, and Apple, and apply that knowledge to the needs and requirements of sales within an assigned group of products. Experience in sourcing from distribution, leasing companies, secondary markets, or the open market would also be an asset.
• Assists the Senior Product Manager(s) in responding to sales inquiries for technical and configuration support
• Executes Purchase Orders using the Company's ERP system – presently a custom-built solution, migrating to MS Dynamics or D365,
• Manage the open orders and expedite purchase orders to ensure shipments are on time.
• Assist the Senior Product Manager(s) in managing, acquiring or transferring IT assets for internal use
• Creatively proposes product solutions designed to either maximize the utilization of available fleet assets or to minimize the cost of new fleet assets
• Proactively pursues and develops relationships with assigned vendors for both rental fleet acquisition and product remarketing
• Proactively reviews inventory and run rates for large accounts and special projects, coordinating buys with the Senior Product Manager(s)
• Performs special tasks as assigned.
• Knowledge of IT / technology products carried in the Rush inventory
• Knowledge typically gained through two (2) years technical experience in logistics and procurement
• Ability to successfully multi-task and manage concurrent selling situations. Must be highly computer literate with the ability to access, input, retrieve and analyze data from Company databases and standard Microsoft Programs, i.e. Excel, Access, etc.
• Ability to perform the required physical elements of the job (listed below)
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Measurement of Performance
• Accuracy and relevancy of information provided to Product Manager and Sales
• Timely and Accurate response to transactions in the Company’s ERP system
• Accurate and timely order placement with vendors
• Management of the Open Order queues
• Timeliness of follow-up and quality of customer contact, CRM utilization
• General job performance as defined by standard company performance evaluation and requirements.
All positions will require, to some degree, the physical abilities described below in order to perform the essential functions of the job:
Work the expected hours, consistently arrive at work at the agreed time and follow Company rules and guidelines regarding breaks and meal periods. Full time is typically considered to be 40 hours per week.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Move around and through all work areas as needed; may include climbing stairs or ladders.
• Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (i.e. books, reports, binders, etc.).
• Regularly sit at the assigned workstation.
• Use keyboard or equivalent equipment to access the computer.
• Use hands to manipulate documents and general paperwork in order to view contents.
• Read documents, reports, files, etc.
• Communicate extensively and effectively using the telephone
Rush Computer Rentals is a division of Electro Rent - the largest rental provider of test and technology equipment for customers around the world. We’re actively looking for talented sales representatives to assist in maximizing the value of these assets at the end of their rental lifecycle – in addition to actively growing our trading business. Our rental portfolio is comprised of over $30 million of product and our North American footprint involves 12 distribution and fulfillment centers, making Rush one of the largest North American IT rental companies. If you enjoy working in a high-growth, dynamic environment that transacts business globally, we’d encourage you to apply.