Geographic Regional Sales Manager - East & Canada
We are seeking a self-driven Territory Account Manager (Test & Measurement) to focus on increasing the company's rental, used sales and new sales of Test and Measurement products by working directly with customers in the Florida and Southeast U.S. markets. This person will need to understand Test & Measurement applications and products from key manufacturers like Keysight, Tektronix/Keithley and Rohde & Schwarz and apply those to the needs and requirements of customers in their assigned territory. A degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred for this position.
• Maximize sales revenue and consistently exceeding order targets.
• Utilizes, develops and leads cross-functional teams as necessary to execute sales strategy.
• Responsible for growing ER’s overall business in assigned territory.
• Prospect for and develop new customers.
• Develops annual sales plan focused on maximizing ER’s revenue in assigned territory
• Applies creativity, initiative and innovation to the sales process.
• Develops and leads the negotiation strategy on opportunities
• Involves management and brings them into the sales situation at the appropriate time.
• Executes key sales processes (Funnel Management, Account Management, Territory and Route planning, Deal Management, etc.)
• Possesses a strong desire to win ALL of the customer’s business.
Account and Territory Management
• Manages the assigned territory
• Develops knowledge about territory and customer’s business.
• Knowledgeable of key competitors and plans & executes competitive strategies to win.
• Identifies and develops customer relationships with key influencers.
• Identifies customer business issues and works with management to address them.
• Effectively calls on all levels within the customer’s organization.
• Manages available resources and tools to maximize sales
• Knows the customer’s customer, their market and key success factors.
• Develops and executes an effective time and territory management plan
• Develops strong working relationships with local OEM sales and support teams
• Customer visits and overnight travel
• Develops business in assigned territory by proactively driving and leveraging all programs, resources and tools
• Creates new ideas in addition to new business opportunities.
• Holds a franchise-wide view of the business climate, competitive situation, and sales situation.
• Targets and promotes new products and new solutions to customers to maximize new business opportunities.
• Matches customer business opportunities with solutions. (Invest where customer is investing)
• Follows through on customer commitments.
• Owns the customer problem to resolution
• Solves systemic problems through root-cause analysis.
• Functions as an internal customer advocate to ER.
• Provides input to management on customer requests and feedback.
• Utilizes organization’s feedback process.
• Communicates well both verbally and in writing.
• Makes effective and professional presentations
• Coordinates internal and external communication with remote sites.
• Communicates proficiently both internally and externally.
• Minimum 3-5+ years related work experience in technical sales, marketing or engineering
• Strong familiarity with Test and Measurement industry and equipment
• Well organized with the ability to successfully manage concurrent selling situations
• Excellent organizational and communications skills
• High level of energy, motivation, and initiative
• BA/BS degree or equivalent, technical degree preferred
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite applications)
• Must possess valid driver’s license and be insurable
Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With 1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing. EOE