- Knowledge typically gained through the achievement of an AA degree or equivalent in electronics
- A+ certification required within six months of assignment
- Knowledge typically gained through two years' experience in PC troubleshooting
- Requires a maintained, good/clean driving record. Must be insurable by Company's liability insurance carrier
- Must be able and willing to work overtime with little or no notice
- Must be able and willing to perform overnight travel that may require air transportation
- Must be able to access, input and retrieve data from Company database.
- Ability to perform the required physical elements of the job (listed below)
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to simultaneously work multiple assigned tasks
- Good communication and customer service skills are required. Must also possess good technical writing skills.
Measurement of Performance
- Productivity in transporting equipment to and from customers within Company guidelines
- Ability to resolve equipment issues at the customer's site in a professional and service oriented manner
- Accuracy of testing and repair comments, data collection, data input and local inventory integrity
- Quality of work, as measured by the Non-Conforming Product Program (NCP) which records product failures
- On time shipment of orders requiring configuration
- Effective and efficient utilization of time in support of office goals
- General performance as defined by standard company performance evaluation form
- Reports to Customer Support Supervisor/Manager
- Maintains good rapport with customer contacts and other end users
- Advises and trains less skilled technicians on technical issues and operational procedures
- Works with regional sales offices to uncover additional customer needs and ensure correctness of pending orders
- Helps the other technicians in the office to insure an even distribution of work and an efficient work flow
- Works closely with Customer Service Center and Distribution Centers on order exchanges, pick-ups and deliveries
- All positions will require, to some degree, the physical abilities described below to perform the essential functions of the job
- Work the expected hours, consistently arrive at work at the agreed time and follow Company rules and guidelines regarding breaks and meal periodsÂ
- Full time is typically considered to be 40 hours per week
- Communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Move around and through all work areas as needed, may include climbing stairs or ladders
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (i.e. books, reports, binders etc.)
- Regularly sit at the assigned workstation
- Use keyboard or equivalent equipment, to access the computer,
- Use hands to manipulate documents and general paperwork to view contents
- Read documents, reports, files etc.
- Communicate effectively using the telephone
In addition to the above physical requirements all warehouse and field support positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds of equipment or boxes above the head, alone; or with help, lift 150 pounds; climb stairs and operate machinery such as fork lifts, pallet jacks and foam machines.Â For positions that include driving, the employee must have the ability to access and safely operate a company van or other vehicle.
Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With 1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing.