Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With 1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing.
We are actively seeking a Tax Clerk to be an integral member of the Tax Department. This person will report directly to the Tax Manager and will work closely with various departments such as Accounting, Payroll, IT, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
The role involves meeting compliance due dates for various tax and licensing types regularly (i.e., monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually). The ideal candidate should be able to work thoroughly on multiple projects and ensure that tasks are completed on time. In addition to compliance duties, this role involves clerical and administrative tasks as we take steps to continually innovate and streamline processes for the tax department. While we work hard, we have a very friendly, fun and positive environment in our department and we welcome those who share a similar hard work ethic and lighthearted attitude.
• Timely prepare and file State and Local Sales and Use Tax Returns
• Timely prepare and file State and Local Property Tax Returns
• Timely prepare and file Business Licenses and Permits
• Work with Accounts Receivable to assist with escheatment process
• Timely prepare and file unclaimed property returns.
• Assist with responding to audit inquiries and/or notices received from various tax authorities.
• Maintain calendar of various compliance due dates and track payments and correspondences sent.
• Prepare check requests and work with Accounts Payable to ensure timely mailing of payments
• Perform special projects, as necessary
• Knowledge typically gained through one to three years related experience with understanding and applying general accounting
• 2+ years of sales and use tax and property tax experience in a multi-state environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Experience using sales tax and/or property tax software
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, problem solver, possesses ability to work independently.
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal departments and external 3rd parties, e.g., tax agencies
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent time and project management skills
We offer a competitive compensation package and a wide range of benefits with a diverse selection of health care plans and top tier 401k plan
Become a part of our team!
“100 Fastest-Growing Companies”, Fortune Magazine, 2012
“Best Practices Award Company of the Year”, Frost & Sullivan, 2012
“100 Most Trustworthy Companies”, Forbes Magazine, 2014, 2010 and 2009