Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With 1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing.
This role is responsible for performance verification, repair, diagnostics or calibration of electronic equipment. Performs modular and component level repairs, upgrades and product modifications using schematics, diagnostic tools and procedures that comply with standard industry practices. Maintains accurate records of tests and services performed, enters required information in the company's data base (PERFECT). Also tied to managing this process for our key account.
• Performs diagnostics or calibration and verifies performance of assigned products
• Repairs equipment to the component and modular level
• Executes automated test and diagnostic programs
• Maintains product upgrades or modifications as directed
• Maintains product library and accessory updates as directed
• Performs other tasks as assigned
• Ability to apply knowledge normally gained through four (4) years’ experience in electronic
• Troubleshooting and repair with an additional year experience in a specialization
• Must have PMEL certification, Associates Degree in electronics or formal technical courses with equivalent knowledge and certification
• Knowledge and use of instrumentation and diagnostic programming including the use of automated test programs
• Must have a working knowledge of industry standards and quality practices for assigned product segment
• Ability to perform the required physical elements of the job (listed below). Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to work multiple tasks assigned
Measurement of Performance
• Accuracy of repairs, calibrations or diagnostics
• Productivity and efficient utilization of time
• General performance as defined by standard company performance evaluation form
• Quality of assigned tasks and work performed
• Reports to the T&M Service Group Manager or Distribution Manager
• Interacts with other departments and inventory centers as required
• All positions will require, to some degree, the physical abilities described below to perform the essential functions of the job
• Work the expected hours, consistently arrive at work at the agreed time and follow Company rules and guidelines regarding breaks and meal periods. Full time is typically considered to be 40 hours per week
• Communicate effectively, both oral and written.
• Move around and through all work areas as needed, may include climbing stairs or ladders
• Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (i.e. books, reports, binders etc.)
• Regularly sit at the assigned workstation
• Use keyboard or equivalent equipment, to access the computer,
• Use hands to manipulate documents and general paperwork to view contents
• Read documents, reports, files etc.
• Communicate effectively using the telephone
In addition to the above physical requirements warehouse and field support positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds of equipment or boxes above the head, alone; or with help, lift 150 pounds.
“100 Fastest-Growing Companies”, Fortune Magazine, 2012
“Best Practices Award Company of the Year”, Frost & Sullivan, 2012
“100 Most Trustworthy Companies”, Forbes Magazine, 2014, 2010 and 2009
Please Apply at https://careers-electrorent.icims.com/